How The Spine Wizard® Back Stretcher Works
Gentle stretching while relaxed helps most people suffering from common forms of back aches. Muscles release and discs restore to a more normal shape and cushioning function. By stretching your back at the precise location of discomfort, The Spine Wizard® Back Stretcher can help you take control over your back pain in as little as 5-to-10 minutes from the comfort of your bed. Easily portable, it can help you relieve your back pain wherever you are.
Tight, sore, achy muscles relax, release, and loosen up. Hip flexors lengthen. Bulging and herniated discs restore to a more normal shape and cushioning function.
To get in:
- Unfold and set it up on a bed, couch, or floor.
- Lie in front of it with your knees up and feet flat on the underlying surface.
- Now, grasp the handles and tip it up and away from your knees while keeping the cords taut so you can raise each leg and place each foot on each knee support pad.
- Once in this position, you rotate the unfolded stand towards you like before until the legs come in contact with the underlying surface under your arms. As you do this, simply perform a bicycling motion with your legs one-at-a-time to crawl into the stand until it comes to rest.
- Nestle the back of your knees comfortably in the supports.
- Relax and belly-breath while keeping your knees bent to immediately feel a gentle stretch in your back as the pain begins melting away like magic!
- Next, add tension and reposition your shoulders as desired by pushing on the handles while inching your shoulders away from the stand.
- If you feel discomfort on the back side of your thighs, it means you need to shorten the cords by retying the knots at a shorter cord length. Another method is to lengthen the T-Bar (center leg) relative to the forward facing legs.
- If you keep slipping out of the knee pads, it means you need to curl your calves backward slightly to cling to the knee cup surface better. You can also try removing any slippery clothing between the back of your knees and the knee cup surface. Also try placing a damp cloth on the knee pad surface. This helps your skin to cling to the knee pad surface.
To work its magic:
Make sure your hips are suspended slightly.
- If you can pass your flattened hand between your hips and the surface you’re lying on while completely relaxed, then it’s working. If not, simply get out and readjust the height of the stand until you get through this crucial step!
- Note or mark the correct adjustment holes for future reference.
- The height labels are for reference only. Different users of the same height may have to readjust the setting up or down.
Begin relaxing your body from head to toe and breath slowly and deeply.
- The more you relax, the faster back pain melts away like magic in just a few minutes. Typical treatments last 5-15 minutes.
You can also push on the legs and or inch your shoulders away from the device to apply additional gently pulling tension.
- If you experience any intolerable discomfort, quickly release all pressure applied using your hands and arms. If the discomfort continues, simply straighten your legs and all pulling and bending pressure is released.